Inbound Trade Mission
About GIANT’s Inbound Trade Mission programme
Helping foreign companies to engage with the UK healthcare system
GIANT Health’s “Inbound Trade Mission” programme is a high-quality, cost effective package to enable health-tech companies from abroad to sell into the UK healthcare system.
What’s included in this ‘business boosting’, cost-effective sales and marketing package?
- Outreach: for all packages targeted mailings, social media & web promotion; for large package phone calls on top above
- Pre-departure meeting: companies are given information, coaching & briefing for the business mission in October – November to prepare for meetings
Day 1 and 2 | 1-2 December
- Exhibition space at the GIANT Health Event 2020 to meet a large number of new customers one at a time
- Opportunity to demonstrate products and services on stage at GIANT
- Matchmaking. Structured one-to-one meetings with healthcare providers as well as with local accountants, lawyers, NHS consultants.
- E.g.if you buy an ITM package, before the event GIANT will help you to connect with relevant contacts and at the event also. There will be a 1-to-1 meeting service so you can book appointments in advance, to take place in a dedicated networking zone.
- Participate in the conference track “how to sell into the UK health market”
On day 3 and day 4 | 3-4 December
- Hospital and primary health tours, organized visits to leading London NHS hospitals with one of the purposes to partner with a hospital group who can conduct trials with companies that intend to engage with the UK market;
- Visit to leading UK health investors offices;
- Visit to leading UK healthcare management consultancy;
- Meetings with British government national health service officials;
- Introductions to UK healthcare distributors and other intermediaries
Post-event follow up and service
- Follow up report to companies
- Follow up social media & email promotion of firms
- Follow up of provision of directory of contacts
Who is this for?
- Healthcare tech companies already selling in the UK; seeking to grow their business inside the British market
- Overseas healthcare businesses that are ambitious to enter the UK market,minimizing the risks
- Healthcare firms that are intended to set up their business in the UK, i.e. GIANT supports with making Direct Foreign Investments in the UK alongside opening an office, obtaining a license, making a product, etc.
A complete, cost-effective package. Including:
- Tickets to attend “The GIANT Health Event 2020”
- An exhibition package at GIANT Health.
- Breakfast and lunch every day.
- 4 nights Hotel accommodation in London.
- All London transportation included
- Additional benefits which will be provided by our partners Health Foundry :
- will get a registered office address in London for mailings and postal requirements.
- will get a desk out the Health Foundry in London equal to 1 day a week for six months.
- Barclays Bank:
- will provide UK banking services, i.e. saving our customers time and money helping them quickly and easily to set up banking facilities in the UK
Half-day conference on ‘How to sell into the UK Market’?
Day 2 | December 2nd
1:00 pm conference begins. Introduction. Background about the UK economy |What are new opportunities to sell in the UK because of Brexit? Manage your business in the most efficient way under Brexit.
1:15 pm presentation: Fit For Market | have you done your market research? Who are your significant competitors? How does your product or service perform and demonstrate value versus theirs? Do you have any quantified comparison data? How have you arrived at your price model? Has it been tested? You will need to address and consider all of these elements in order to assure yourself that you are ‘fit for market
2:00pm presentation: Compliant & Certified | do you know the full scale of regulatory requirements which you will need to demonstrate compliance with? Are you compliant? How have you reached this conclusion? If you are undertaking regulatory work at present, what is your estimated timescale?
2:30 pm coffee break
3:00 pm presentation: Critical Friend |how will you properly and convincingly demonstrate the merits of your product in the UK? Who might you approach to carry out evaluation? Why choose them? What critical market requirements are you looking to evaluate your product against? If necessary, how will you seek ethics approval? What timescale have you estimated for this?
3:30 pm presentation: Make it Easy To Buy | why do you expect the NHS to buy your product? What is the basis of your business case? Have you designed a business case? What are the steps to procurement for your particular technology? How might you help your potential customers to achieve them?
4:00 pm presentation: Distribution Delight | how will you manufacture, stock, sell and deliver your product to your customers? Should you set up a UK subsidiary and sell direct or appoint a distributor? What are your expectations for a distributor? Are they realistic? How do you know? Are your margins fit for purpose? How will you evaluate demand and sales success?
Bringing an increasingly recognized expert contribution to these topics, the conference speakers will include:Jim Lindley |Commercial Counselor| U.S. Commercial Service, Embassy of the United Statess Jon Wilks | Director | UK HealthGateway Ltd Jennifer Estherby | Eagle Labs Health Tech Lead, Vice President | Barclays Ventures Nicky Johnston |Programmes Manager | Health Foundry Dominykas Broga| Programme Manager for International Trade | techUK Tony Hughes |Commercial Director | CityCurator
PackagesThe early bird discount is available until May’20
- Small Package for 2 people:
- Medium for 4 people:
- Large for 6 people:
The GIANT team is ready to partner with you and enable you to sell successfully into the UK Health market.
For more information and support, please contact:
Leader of the GIANT Inbound Trade Mission Programme
GIANT Health giant.health
GIANT Health and Open Europe Consulting (OEC) in Munich Build Partnership on Internationalisation
The inbound mission as a professional service supports the establishment of sustainable business cooperation and encourages foreign direct investments. The current situation after BREXIT Andrea, the Founder of OEC, comments like this: “For businesses in the health sector the UK market is the right place to be, and we strongly believe that the politicians on both sides of the Channel will define a good business framework for companies and from the Continent and UK until end of this year. Intermediary irritations should not stop us from seeing the common chances.”
Pearson Immersive (part of Pearson, the world’s largest medical textbook publisher)
“We found our largest partner - Leeds University Medical School – by way of our involvement at Giant Health event”
Mark Christian, CEO, Pearson Immersive
“Attending GIANT was an excellent beginning to Cereno’s entry into the Healthcare Industry. This event has allowed us to open great opportunities that would have otherwise been inaccessible.”
Caroline Goatley, Marketing Manager, Cereno
“We loved the event and from visiting in 2018 I thought it was even bigger and even better this year. Lots of connections made and some great keynotes and showcases on technology in the sector. ”
Jen Estherby, Vice President, Lead for HealthTech, Eagle Labs, Barclays UK Ventures
“Hospify was back at GIANT this year for the third year in a row, and once again it proved an excellent event - a great opportunity to meet clinicians and potential business partners. The conference attracts the perfect audience so we always get a lot of interest. We're already working with one of the companies we met on our stand, and we had a load of good investor conversations too. Exhibiting at GIANT is always time and money well spent!"
James Flint, CEO & Co-founder, Hospify (Exhibitor 2019)