How can you sell to the NHS?
Companies can sell their products to the National Health Service (NHS) in the United Kingdom by registering with the NHS
Supply Chain and bidding for contracts through the Procontract procurement portal. Additionally, companies can also reach
out to specific NHS trusts or hospitals to inquire about potential procurement opportunities. It's important for companies to
ensure that their products meet the necessary regulations and standards set by the NHS.
What is the process for the companies to register with NHS supply chain?
The process for companies to register with the NHS Supply Chain in the United Kingdom typically involves the following steps:
- Create an account on the Procontract procurement portal. This is the main platform used by the NHS Supply Chain for procurement and contract management.
- Complete the registration process and provide all the required information, including company details, financial information, and contact details.
- Provide documentation that demonstrates compliance with various regulations, such as quality management systems, health and safety, and environmental standards.
- Once the registration process is complete, companies can view and bid on relevant contracts through the Procontract portal.
- After the contract award, the company must pass the due diligence process and comply with the terms of the contract.
It's worth noting that the company should be in good financial standing and have the necessary experience to supply the NHS.
Also, the company should ensure that their products meet the NHS standards and guidelines.
Who companies can contact within NHS to make the process of procurement easier?
Companies looking to sell their products to the National Health Service (NHS) in the United Kingdom can contact several key
individuals and organizations to make the procurement process easier. These include:
- Procurement teams: Each NHS trust or hospital has its own procurement team responsible for sourcing goods and services. Companies can contact these teams directly to inquire about potential procurement opportunities and to discuss their products and services.
- NHS Supply Chain: This organization is responsible for the central procurement of goods and services for the NHS. Companies can contact the NHS Supply Chain to learn more about the procurement process and to find out about upcoming tenders and contracts.
- Innovation Hubs: NHS England has set up a number of Innovation Hubs across the country. These hubs are designed to help innovative companies navigate the NHS procurement system and to connect them with potential customers within the NHS. Companies can contact their local Innovation Hub to learn more.
- UK Trade & Investment: This government organization helps UK-based companies to export and to grow their business overseas. They can provide support to companies looking to sell their products to the NHS.
It's worth noting that these organizations may have specific requirements and processes for companies to follow in order to do
business with the NHS. It's important for companies to research and understand these requirements before reaching out to these