GIANT Health Scotland 2022
GIANT Health is a rapidly expanding global community (of nearly 200,000 people) of everyone who's business is health, tech, and innovation
For 9 years GIANT Health has successfully convened both national and international public health leaders; global pharma and med-tech hardware and software businesses, health sector investors, leading start-ups, and clinicians to facilitate trade and innovation. GIANT Health also enables investors to find opportunities, and empowers healthcare technology and innovation companies to find customers.
The Scottish healthcare and tech innovation sector does not yet have an annual leading blockbuster event - there is no “must attend” event for everyone in Scotland who’s involved in health, tech, and innovation.
GIANT Health is filling in this gap and will deliver the most important leading healthcare, technology, and innovation event bringing together all of the stakeholders in the entire Scottish community to facilitate and accelerate the development and adoption of new technologies to deliver better healthcare outcomes at lower cost.
Why you should get excited about Scotland
- 163 hospitals, 1258 pharmacies, 1098 GP Practices, 7690 Health & Wellbeing Services
- NHS Scotland had an operating budget of
- £15.3 billion in 2020-21
- £550 million capital funding for NHS Scotland, including funding for the construction of new Elective Care Centres, etc.
- £139 million investment in mental health services, supporting overall mental health spending of more than £1.1 billion
- Scottish Health Innovations Ltd (SHIL) works in partnership with NHS Scotland to identify, protect, develop and commercialise new innovations from healthcare professionals.